Saturday, August 30, 2014

Day 49 Sagaola to Escanaba Michigan

Rain...rain....rain!
Everything I had on was wet today. My rain gear is not doing the job in the heavy rains.
I started and ended riding in rain today. Fortunately it was mostly a flat ride today which enabled me to make the miles I needed to. It was about 73 miles to Escanaba.

I met the another touring cyclist today. It was the first person I had  seen in awhile.
He was from France and going to California.

I checked into the Hiawatha Motel tonight to dry out and warm up. It's a nice break.

Not much to tell today. Just riding and rain.

I did make a video today. I wasn't going to post it until I watched a show on the Weather Channel titled Fat Boys in the Wilderness.

After that, I thought what the heck. I might get to be the next Weather Channel reality show:) HA! I hope you get a laugh out of it. I did! Sniff Sniff. ..

Link: http://youtu.be/0LbPIpEtaas

Pics:

My French friend

Drying gear in the room

4 comments:

  1. Got a buddy that lives in Escanaba if you need anything let me know. Keep trucking buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about that! It's a nice place.
    Small world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We went across the UP last year. Stayed in St Ignace at the other end for several days. What a nice and friendly city that was. Gotta try a Pastee. Finally heading for home on Tuesday. So fun following your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree nice people and a good place to take a break.
    I've been seeing the Paste signs everywhere. I'll try one tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete