Sunday, August 17, 2014

Day 34/35 Gamble to camp near Sheyenne River then to Fargo ND

I've been on the longest straight road in the US for two long days. I believe it goes for about 130 miles without a turn. I have actually gone to sleep while riding and only wake up when I hear the rumble strip:)) Just kidding!

I've been doing about 60 to 70 miles a day. The winds are still still out of the East but the road is almost completely flat.

I'm in a hotel in Fargo as this morning and enjoying every second of it. I got into Fargo just in time. The storms moved in last night.

The last two nights could not have been more contrasting. I was camping next to a river and bathing in the creek night before last and last night I'm in hotel with a King Size Bed with a kitchen and hot shower. It's nice.

Fargo is a point of decision for me today. The direction I go from here will determine where I am for the next week.

I believe I'll take the alternate route which will take me to some nice rail to trail sections. I'll eventually end up in Bowlus MN.
Here is a link to the trails.
Www.centrallakestrail.com

Www.lakewobegontrail.com

Its going to be a short riding day. I'm stopping by the bike shop on the way out of town and need to stop and get a haircut before I leave Fargo.

Pics:
Foggy morning ride

I'll take you for a ride on my big green tractor

Enderlin ND

Riding through Sunflowers

Ruffin it in Fargo

2 comments:

  1. Hey buddy,,,,I have really enjoyed following you on your trip! You to make us proud and envious of your adventure!
    When I grow up...I want to be just like you!
    Be safe...have fun!
    John G

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Big John,
    It's good to hear from you. I'm having a great time on the road.

    ReplyDelete