Saturday, August 30, 2014

Day 47 Manitowhich Waters to Phelps Wisconsin

I started off riding on a nice bike path today.  About 10 miles down the road I stopped in the town of Boulder Junction for breakfast. Great town to come visit again.

The Outdoorsman Restaurant was suggested as a good place to eat. Inside I met Brian and Nancy Apsahl from Illinois. They have been coming to Boulder Junction for years. I really enjoyed talking with these guys.

As I was about ready to leave they told the waitress they were getting my breakfast. I am so humbled by this kind of generosity.

Good riding the rest of the day and I pulled into Phelps about 4:30. I was trying to beat the rain and find shelter to set up my tent for the night. I stopped at the town's museum and Information Center to ask about camping in the town park. No camping was allowed so I had planned on moving on down the road. On the way out of town I stop by the Northwoods bar and restaurant to grab something to eat. Everyone was at the bar so I joined in with all the locals which was nice. We were talking and I asked about camping suggestions in the area. The couple next to me was telling me some of the places not far out of town. Then as I was finishing my meal they asked if I would like to just stay at their house? That sounded great to me! So after Ron and Joanne finished their meal we walked across the street to their place. What a great spot on the lake. The home had been Joanne's mom and dad's for years. I enjoyed talking with them that night and watching the Green Bay Packers beat Kansas City.

Days like this amaze me and seem too happen over and over again. I am very grateful for the friends I have met so far in this journey.

Pics:

Boulder Junction

The source of energy throughout the day

Ron and Joanne Amerling

Home for the night at Ron and Joanne's

No comments:

Post a Comment