Friday, August 1, 2014

Day 20 - Cut Bank to Chester

The tail winds were definitely in my favor today.
4 hours and 41 minutes of riding. Max speed 28.5 mph. 67.4 miles covered. Average speed 14.2 mph.

I could have gone farther but the winds started to shift as I got near Chester. The next stopping point was another 50 miles. I decided to call it a day.

This was really a nice day of riding. The scenery has changed completely but is just as beautiful. Miles and miles of wheat fields. Long roads that cause you to loose your perception of distance and the rhythm of my tires on the asphalt sounds good. 

I really enjoyed the solitude today.  

The people are still amazing. Horn toots of encouragement and thumbs up from strangers as they pass both directions.
There was even one train that gave a short sound on the horn and a wave as he passed.

I'm camping at the city park in Chester tonight. Another bike traveler is here also he is headed West to Washington. (Ben) His dad (Jeff) is following along in his MG for a little while. 


Probably going to stay in Havre tonight. 

Montana State University allows cyclist to stay in the dorms for free. I hope I don't have to do some crazy pledge initiation.

2 comments: