Friday, August 22, 2014

Day 41 - Little Rock to Dalbo

Nice back roads and a cool day for riding.
I forget to tell you about the guy who pulled up beside me yesterday while I was riding down the road. He stayed behind me for a few hundred yards. Not trying to pass just following me. I finally thought ok, might as well see what's going to happen here. So I stopped peddling so he either had to pass or stop.

He got beside me and was on the cell phone. He said don't stop I just wanted to talk to you and couldn't get off the phone.
What a relief!  He drove beside me for about a mile while I rode. He was impressed with my lights on back. He said I looked like an emergency vehicle going down the rode. It was funny we talked till another car came up behind us.

Well,  the goal today was to make it to the Biker Bunkhouse in Dalbo.

This is so cool. I had been hearing about this place from everybody I passed. Donn and Sherry Olson have created a haven for cyclist. Donn flew helicopters  in Vietnam and still contracts for the government. Great guy and enjoyed getting to talk with him.  He and Sherry still find time for all the tourers coming through. I am number 195 this season.

Everything is provided. There's an outdoor solar shower that I would like to have. The barn can accommodate a lot of people. You can even sleep in the Silo if you wanted to. I'm opting for a bunk bed in the barn. Unfortunately I'm the only one here tonight. I'm getting up early tomorrow so I can have breakfast and coffee before I head out. There is everything you need in the fridge. copy and paste link to see video of Bunkhouse. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezcyY6BGlik

Tomorrow I cross into Wisconsin.
I've gone about 2,200 miles.
No flats
Great journey.

Pics:

Bunkhouse pics

Looking up in the Silo

Pictures of guests. I passed many of the and spoke with them

My spot

Outhouse and shower



1 comment: