Saturday, August 23, 2014

Day 42- Dalbo Minnesota to Oceola Wisconsin

I know I use the same words to discribe what my day is like; Wonderful, Beautiful, Awesome, Great and Nice. If my vocabulary was larger may be I could discribe my days different.  But it's not so you are stuck with; what an AWESOME day.

I started my day by having eggs, coffee and toast in the Bunkhouse. I turned on the TV to see what the weather was going to be like. As if it really matters.

Cool and Foggy to start the day which felt good. The roads were smooth and I actually got a tail wind for a little while.

I came to one of those (Road Closed) signs today. I've learned that that doesn't always mean closed when you are on a bike. Fortunately that was again the case. There were no workers around so I was able to walk by bike over the new bridge construction. 

I crossed over into Wisconsin for a little while this evening. I went into Osceola Wisconsin to do laundry and then came back into Minnesota road camp for the night. I have permission to camp in a no camping area. I'm in the St Croix River National Recreation Area. It's nice because I have the whole park to myself and the gates are locked. It's good too because I get to sleep in a shelter. Storms are predicted for tonight. 

Pics:

I stopped to watch a softball game and talk to some of the people there. 

An old school

Sunrise Minnesota- Home to Richard Wilmark population 50 

Minnesota side of the St Croix River

Home for the night

Great bath and swimming spot. 



2 comments:

  1. Don't miss the cheese in Wisconsin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not missing any food. If it doesn't move....I eat it:)

    ReplyDelete