Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Day 30/31 Richardton to Bismarck and Bismarck to Hazelton ND

I'm combining two days again.
I rode a little over 80 miles yesterday to get to Fort Abraham Lincoln State Park yesterday. It was a long day and didn't get to the park till 8:30 PM. The park is one worthy of a visit if you're in the area. The Fort was General Custer's home for awhile. It sits where the Missouri comes together with the Hart River. You can see the Bismarck skyline from the top of the park.  I saw a Doe with triplets as I entered the park. I've never seen that before. The ranger said there's two sets of them in the park this year.

I got up late this morning. I forgot that I crossed into Central Time Zone yesterday. Today's ride was much warmer than the past few days. It was in the 90's. Miles and miles of Sunflowers, corn, wheat and flax.  Today I rode 58 miles to get to Hazelton. Nice little town that has a city park with showers and sprinklers.... I checked!

My eating was all off today because of leaving late out of the park.  So by the time I reached Hazelton I was starving! No Raman Noodles for me tonight.

I thought you would get a kick out of my dinner tonight. In about 30 minutes the following was consumed:

- One small Pepperoni pizza with ranch dressing  for a dipping sauce ( it was just there)

- One pint of chocolate milk

- Two chocolate cream cones

That didn't even come close to filling the void....

Round two

- One ham and cheese sandwich on whole wheat

- One quart of chocolate milk

- One Banana and a glass of water to wash it down.

What's bad is that while I'm writing about what I ate earlier, it's making me hungry now:)

Pics of the day.

Scenery

Sunflowers

And 

State Park


2 comments:

  1. We are on the same route for the moment. Also stayed at that State Park last year. Lot of history. Trying to put yourself back in time and imagine what they went through. Just lost you. We didn't get to Hazelton. Fun to see where the road takes you next. We leave Ronan on Sunday and start our trip again. Headed to Bear Tooth Highway area. Happy biking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guy's have fun on the road.

    ReplyDelete