Monday, August 25, 2014

Day 44- Cumberland to Birchwood Wisconsin

I started out in a thick misty fog this morning. It didn't really matter. Everything was damp from last night's storm anyway.

Rode into town to get breakfast before heading out today. I look forward to getting a big breakfast and gallons of coffee in the mornings.

There was a tailwind today! It was amazing. It feels so good to be cruising along at 18/19 mph and not working that hard to do it.  I changed my route once today just so I could keep the wind at my back for a few more miles. It meant riding on a state hwy later, but it was worth it. 

Pics:
Mr Hills store. He has owned and worked here for 38 years.

Birchwood Wisconsin is home to Wisconsin best Blue Gill fishing.

My home for the night

5 comments:

  1. Don't know if post had my name....Steve Caudle...matter fact don't know if it posted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now pretty sure first comment didn't go. I said I am impressed with your exploits and jealous. my 12 miles most days on my Specialized seems wimpy. I reminisced about our motorcycle days in B'ham riding in those drainage tunnels. God bless and we're keeping up and praying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Steve! It's so good to hear from you. Sherri told me she talked to you. I've been reminiscing about some of our caving days. While I've been riding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bout the only exercise I get now is my bike. When we were in the Seattle Oregon area last month I longed to have my bike. not sure I'd ride far in Alabama too any people in large pickups with confederate flags in the window trying to kill you. press on my brother!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just me again. Haven't had internet for six days or so so I just caught up with your travels. Looks like you are making good time on your journey. We went and did the North Yellowstone Park roads. Had never been up that far before and spent the last 5 days at West Yellowstone and seen the surrounding areas. Decided to make one last visit to our friends in Ronan so we are headed back there for Labor Day weekend and then start home. Just love your pictures and stories. I agree with you people are so great, helpful and gracious. Did you hear about our earthquake in Calif. About 20 miles from our town but kids said no damage but lots of shaking.

    ReplyDelete