Friday, August 8, 2014

Day 26 Circle to Glendive Montana ( Makoshika State Park)

Warm day on the road and of course a pretty strong head wind.
Montana winds will test your determination and commitment for sure.
I had breakfast with a few of the locals in Circle this morning. We all set at the table together. It was fun.

Today's ridding was still a good day. Slow but good. Several encouragement horn blows from truckers.

I have determined that Georgia can not hold a candle to Montana when it comes to insects that bite, sting or in general just   drive you crazy.  I stopped one time today and a swarm of microscopic gnats got me "I ain't got time for that". They were in my ears, eyes and nose. They didn't bite, they just covered everything. It still feels like they're in my ears.

I'm camping in Makoshika State Park tonight. It's beautiful different country.

I'm going to try and make a little more milage today if the butt will cooperate.
My saddle is still not comfortable and after about 30 miles I'm up on the pedals getting some relief.

Pics are of the park I stayed in and dinner.

2 comments:

  1. Thansk for the all the great updates!!
    ---Ed Landry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Durell,
    You did it ! You got past Wolf Point! You may remember I gave up at Circle and hitchhiked to Wolf Point and returned home, the heat, wind and distances did me in.
    You da man!
    Onward!

    ReplyDelete