Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Day 25 Glasgow to Wolf Point

This has turned out to be a really great day today.  When I first woke up I had doubts. The wind was rocking my tent and it was rocking it from the wrong direction.
I did the only thing I could think to do. I got back in my tent and went back to sleep.

By the second wake up call the winds had died down significantly. After trying with no luck to get a hair cut, I got on the road about 10.

Light rain and very little to no head wind.
Nice! It was pretty flat terrain and my old friend Hwy 2 was not bad.

I arrived into Wolf Point about 5 PM. It had begun to rain harder by that point. I found a McDonalds and went in to get some streamed vegetables and a nice wine.

Not long after I set down another cyclist came in and set down with me. Mathew is from Colorado. He has been touring for about 17 months.

After talking for a few minutes we both  decided that we didn't like the look of the free camping options, expecially with the rain.

We found a hotel close by and decided to go that route for the night.

It was great to have someone to talk with about their travels.
Mathew is riding for a couple of reasons. One because he just wants to. The other is to help raise awareness of the suicide rate effecting veterans retuning from combat.  Very interesting to hear him talk about how that effort had been going for him.   You can view his Web site at: www.vetrideforlife.com.

I tried to talk him into turning around and ride with me but he had heard that Glacier was halfway decent to look at,  so he is riding on.

Pics for the day:

Just thought should be on a don't drink and fly commercial

The marker talks about how Small pox wiped out an entire tribe in one year in this area.

Just going down the road

Mathews map that shows where he has been

Our 1/2 star hotel room

Mathew and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment