Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Day 45- Birchwood to Glidden Wisconsin

In the 50's starting out today. I'm feeling a little pressed for time right now. That's not a feeling that I want to have. I guess the cool weather is part of the reason for that. I'm looking at my maps tonight to make see if I need to modify my route at all.

I rode a little over 81 miles today. Good winds and mostly flat lake country helped with that.

This is beautiful country. I rode through a lot of national forest today. I saw two DNR trucks pulling those bear relocation trailers and two with the tracking antenna mounted on the top used for tracking tagged or collared animals.

I kept my phone ready for a shot of a bear, wolf, elk, dear or something. I didn't even see a squirrel today.

I'm camping tonight in the City Park in Glidden Wisconsin. This is the best city park I've been in. I called the  Glidden City Hall earlier to see if they would leave the park bathrooms open for me tonight.  The lady at city hall was very nice and told me a short cut for getting here.

If you ever come through Glidden Wisconsin be sure to eat at the Green Lantern Restaurant.  All I got was an ice cream cone but the place was packed and really cool looking inside. I was doing laundry on the next block.

Everyone here as been extremely friendly and helpful. I know....I say that all the time. I'm happy I can honestly say that so many times.

Pics:
Great roads

Beautiful lakes..big and small

Meeting Hall where I'm camping. Sue opened it fore to see the architectural work on the inside. It was beautiful wood work.

Home for the night...All to myself with hot water and a shelter.

1 comment:

  1. Lovin' it. It is crazy how far you have already made it and all the adventures you have had! Thanks for taking the time to share your adventures with us. I read it everyday.

    Luke

    ReplyDelete