Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Day 46 - Glidden To Manitowish Waters Wisconsin

I'm actually just North East of Manitowhich about 10 miles camping on Big Lake. The ranger said there were three other campers in the park tonight but I haven't  seen anyone. The Loons are singing their lonesome song tonight. 

Beautiful quiet back roads again today. They have designated them as Rustic Back roads. I would say rustic is a pretty good description. One section or road today had the end of a log sticking out of the pavement.

Manitowhich Waters is a beautiful little tourist town worthwhile to visit if you're up in the area.

I understand that the waters of this area are some of the cleanest around and the reason for most of the tourist. 

Pics:

Wisconsin must be the land of 9,999 lakes

Home for the night Big Lake

Getting ready for dinner

My Pepsi Can Stove is working just fine

You can Google Pepsi Can Stove if you're interested in making one for fun. 




2 comments:

  1. getting a little chilly around the campsite, it appears? good riding weather these days I hope!
    I got your voicemail...looking to call you back (whats a good time?)
    JG

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I remember when you were making your Pepsi can stove at home. Glad to hear it is working. :-). still loving your posts. What is or was your estimated date if arrival in Maine?

    ReplyDelete