Saturday, September 27, 2014

Day 75 and 76 South Royalton to Conway NH

The beauty of this area is impossible for me to put into words. The last two days have been bitter sweet for me. I am in a part of the country that I've always been fond of and not wanting to hurry through it. On the other hand I'm looking forward to being back with family.

There have been so many great moments and good people to talk with this week.

If you get the chance to see Vermont and New Hampshire in the fall, don't pass it up. The beauty will actually bring tears to your eyes. (It made my throat hurt)...Cathy knows what I'm talking about, ask her:)

The ride through the country side and the climbs have been so much fun.

If it seems that I'm kind of bouncing around, I probably am. As I'm writing this tonight in the White Mountain Hostel in Conway NH there is alot of activity going on around me. Chicago is blasting from the record player...and skipping badly, a Chinese family is arguing over some game they are playing, a guy is cooking something that smells great in the kitchen, a football game is on the TV and two guys and a girl are discussing tomorrow's hikes on the couch next to me. It's awesome and makes me happy to be here.

I'm sleeping in a dorm room with 3 other guys and have the bunk over the guy who already says his snoring it something that just has to be experienced...HA! 

Don't pass up a chance to stay in a cheep hostel either.

Pics:

Leaving South Royalton

General Store, Post Office, bank and butcher

Others ...Great scenery

1 comment:

  1. So many wonderful memories... thanks so much, Durrell for sharing with those of us who will never ever experience a bike ride like yours. Seeing it all through your eyes and words was better than I will ever make happen - believe me!! Can't wait to see you and Cathy. Hope it is soon. Safe travels home to see your wonderful family. Hugs.,

    ReplyDelete