Sunday, September 14, 2014

Day 62 thru 66 Marine City to Holley NY

I'm back in the US!
Canada was great as were the people.
I wish I could go into detail about each day. Instead I'll try and let the pictures tell the story. I have ridden in some of the hardest rain that I have ever ridden in.  I have been blown off the road by cross winds and blown down the road by tail winds. I've been fortunate to stay with great people who have offered their homes and even prepared a fire for me to enjoy. I've camped in closed Provincial Parks and paid $38 to camp in an open ones. I've seen beautiful old towns, great lake ports and awesome farm country.  Tonight I'm camping next to the Erie Canal which I will be on for a couple of days. I am camping with Ed Hunt tonight. Ed started from the same place on the same day I did. We finally crossed paths in Niagara Falls. Untill then we had never met. We have probably been a day or two for the last two months. It's still One Awesome Adventure.

Pics:

Leaving Marine City. The sky's tell what's ahead for the next three days. 

Ferry ride to Sombra Canada

Yellow Peppers being harvested

Home where Uncle Tom's Cabin was written

Old and new. The lake area has many wind farms. 

Home for the night behind Tom Oshay' home. He built a fire for me to enjoy. 

Port town on Lake Erie

Dinner at camp

Nancy who opened her home for a warm place to stay. She generously offers her home for tired cyclist. 

Niagara Falls from the Canadian side

Lockport New York on the Erie Canal

Canal draw bridge

Home for the night. The barges in the picture are being rented by a fun group of friends for the week. Great folks from several states. 



No comments:

Post a Comment