Friday, September 5, 2014

Day 55- Ellsworth to Traverse City Michigan

The rain was still heavy this morning and occasional lightning in the mix. Dan and Zoe had a flight today at 5PM out of Traverse City. We hade a good breakfast in town then started our ride towards Traverse City in heavy rains.

I left Dan and Zoe shortly after we got into Traverse City. They headed toward the airport and I started looking for a place to pitch my tent and do some laundry.

I had success with both task.  I found a potential camp site and then did my laundry and met Beatrice Lajune as I was leaving. She was a wonderful lady to talk with and I enjoyed getting to meet her.

I went back to the State Park and met a couple of men who were camping with their families in RV's and they asked if I just wanted to camp behind them.  Nice people in every state I've visited. The park has a hwy on one side and the airport on the other. Ear plugs came in handy.

Sorry no pictures today. Riding to fast and raining to hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment