Friday, September 5, 2014

Day 53 - St Ignace to Wilderness State Park

I got an early start this morning. I wanted to catch the early ferry over to Mackinac Island.  It was a short ride over to the island.

Mackinac is such a beautiful place. I would highly recommend a visiting there if you can.  Beautiful water that looks more like the Caribbean than Michigan.

There are no cars on the island. The only modes of transportation are walking,  biking or by horse drawn buggies. It's so nice and quiet.

I had breakfast a the Chuck Wagon while my bike was being worked on at the bike shop down the street.

After I got my bike back from the shop, I went for a ride to explore the island. There's an 8 mile loop around the island that's great.

I enjoyed the island so much that I stayed a lot longer than I intended. I caught the 5 o'clock ferry to Mackinaw City. There wasn't enough time cover the 40 miles I had originally planned by this time so I found a pavilion about 15 miles out that would work for the night.

As I was setting and waiting for nighttime so that I could pitch the tent, Zoe and Dan pulled in! This is the couple that I met in Washington soon after I started my ride.  It was so good to see them again. They are camping with me tonight.

Pics are of Mackinac Island and Dan and Zoe

No comments:

Post a Comment