Monday, September 8, 2014

Day 58 Clare to Bay City Michigan


I may spend as many days in Michigan as I did in Montana. I think I'm covering all four corners of the state or ever how many corners Michigan has.

I ran into a guy today that was convinced that I was going the wrong way based on the city I was going too. It's hard to explain why I'm going south west sometimes when my destination is north west. But that's what I end up doing, alot!

I rode the Pere Marquette Rail Trail for more than 35 miles today. It's one of the nicest trails I have ridden.

I was told to stop by the War Memorial in Coleman when I went through that town. I very glad I did. It was a moving experience for me. I'm not sure exactly what it was about it. I have seen memorials similar to this one before. Maybe it was the life like representation of the soldiers. Maybe it made me think about family and friends that are serving now in harms way. Or maybe it's that now that I've been through so many towns that all have had some type of memorial to their sons and daughters that it really makes me realize just what it means when you hear that "The cost of freedom is not free"  Thank you to all that have served and are serving our country.

Pics:

Riding along the rail trail. (You can barely see the guy on the bike in the picture) HA! I didn't see him at all till I almost ran head on into him. Next time I'll stop to take the picture. 

Great weather and flat trail

Three way bridge in Midland

War Memorial in Coleman

1 comment:

  1. The War Memorial statues are truly inspirational and emotional. Notice the soldier stepping onto the platform at the rear, he is dressed in the uniform/helmet that was worn b/the soldiers in WWII. I wonder if each of the other's represented wars we've fought since as each one seems to be field dressed a little differently. Since our Air Force is being sent into Syria, as of today, all I can think about is T.J. & Taylor.( I won't get off my knees.) God go w/you all. Mama J

    ReplyDelete