Friday, September 12, 2014

Day 60 North Branch to Wadhams Michigan

The rain and wind today were the hardest I have ridden in so far.

I started out with the theory that I would be just as wet with the rain suit as without it. I think that theory is still true but I did end up in the full suit. The rain started to sting and the temperature was dropping.

I rode about 40 miles in crazy rain and wind. At one point a gust of wind hit and sent me into the grass. I had to evaluate what i was going to do at that point. I still had about 17 miles to go. I pulled into a gas station and got some chocolate milk to calm nerves:) I talked to a guy on a motorcycle who had pulled off the road also. He told me about an alternate route that sounded good. It was on an unpaved rail to trail about for miles away.
It turned out to be a great suggestion. Hard pack lime trail and no trucks!

I got into Wadhams about 7P.M. Found a place to camp and tried to get some rest.

To much rain for many pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment