Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Day 59- Bay City to just west of North Branch Michigan

Beautiful weather and nice quiet back roads.
I didn't realize that Michigan had so much farm land until now.

I stopped by a farm today where they were getting ready for their fall festival.
As usual I was about the only one there. But it was nice to be able to hear and see the goats, chickens and all the other livestock they had. Plus, they had Hot Dogs!  I love Hot Dogs.

I rode till about 7P.M. today. I wanted to find a real campsite with a shower and pavilion. They were predicting rain for the night.  The first town that I planned on stopping in wanted $20.00 to camp and wouldn't negotiate. So I moved on and start looking for a good corn field. Fortunately I found nice camping about 15 miles further down the road. It had everything I needed and was only $10.00.

Pics

Start of the ride this morning

150 lbs pumpkins

Farm animals 

Old church and grave site in Vasser. Early settlers and Chippewa Indian children buried here. 

Old Town bells that you can ring. Wow! They were loud. 



No comments:

Post a Comment