Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Day 70 and 71 Port Ontario to Raquette Lake NY

Hello from the Adirondack Mountains where the weather is just a little cool (35 for the low tonight). It's been a rainy couple of days. Strong storms yesterday and light rain and strong winds today.

I've been going through some pretty towns but the weather has not been conducive to stopping and taking pictures.

I'm camping in a park that has been closed for the season tonight. It's in a pretty area of Raquette Lake.

My 40+ degree sleeping bag is keeping me warm with the extra layers I've got on.

Tonight the layers consist of:
Sleeping Bag
One bag liner
Two pair of insulated bottoms
One insulated top
Fingerless gloves and a Watch cap

I planned on using the layering system when the temps got colder.

I also make sure to get some hot soup and coffee inside me before turning in.  I love camping in the cool weather so much better than the hot weather.

Heading into Vermont tomorrow, weather permitting.

Pics:

River crossings

Raquette Lake

Home for the night

No comments:

Post a Comment