Sunday, September 7, 2014

Day 56 -Traverse City to Luther Michigan

Today's weather was perfect. The temperature was in the low 60's to start with and plenty of sunshine. It's nice to start the morning ride off with a bike trail. Expecially when it's such a beautiful lake to ride around. There were a lot of people running and riding this morning on the trail.  

I saw Jack and Lanett Myers again today on the path. I had met them yesterday. They are touring also. They are both retired teachers. 

The winds were in my favor today and it made the miles easy. 

I keep phone off most of the day to conserve battery. Usually only turning it on to take a picture or check directions. I stopped to take a picture late in the day today and I started receiving missed call messages and text messages like crazy. I thought oh man, some things up. 

All the calls and text  were from Charlie and Kathy Ginn (Our good friends from Fayetteville). Cathy and I have been friends with them for over 30 years. Man does that make you sound old!

Well I called Charlie to see what was up. He was on the lake in Cadillac Michigan waiting to surprise me with a visit. Surprise! I wasn't going through Cadillac:)  Well nothing ever shakes Charlie up much. He just said said tell me where you are, I'm coming to get you so we can go eat. 

What a great friend that would take two days out of his schedule to come camp with me and treat me to dinner and breakfast. Actually, his wife and my good buddy gave him the money to pay for our meals. (Thanks Kathy) 

I am blessed to have the friends that surround me. 

Pics:

A memorial for the men and women who fought and died in the Korean War. (My dad served in the Air Force during this war)

Jack and Lanett

Scenery

Feeding time on the farm

1 comment:

  1. D, how did I miss your Dad being in the Air Force during the Korean War (as was Cathy's Dad)! Where w/he trained & stationed? I learn s/thing new everyday!!
    Those cow pics are really making me homesick; I love the lake scenery, but the farms & quaint farmhouses are my favorite posts. Such a beautiful state. Keep balancing those angels on y/handlebars. Love, Mama J

    ReplyDelete