Saturday, July 12, 2014

The Journey Begins

Well it looks like this adventure is actually going to happen. We've closed on the sale of our house on the 7th and made a temporary move to the cabin in North Georgia. Cathy and I made it to Seattle today and we are spending the night close to Anacortes Washington. This will be the last night in a real bed for a while  Cathy will take me to the starting point  for the Northern Tier route tomorrow morning.  She will fly back to Atlanta and then on to Nashville, Dallas and Italy for two months. I hope she doesn't miss me too much :-)

The bike and all off my gear made it to Seattle without a hitch. The bike box that I made from the plans on the Internet worked great. You can google ( crazyguy onabike ) to see the plans. I took some pictures of the bike box while I was in making it and also of the bike arriving in Seattle.

Tomorrow will be the start of a great adventure and I am thankful for the opportunity I have to do this.

The pictures show the bike box while making it, arriving in Seattle and putting the gear together in the hotel room.

No comments:

Post a Comment