Sunday, July 27, 2014

Day 15 Rexford to Whitefish

Well today was one of those days you just kind of want to get from point A to point B. It was still beautiful scenery going by, I just couldn't look at it. I had to focus on the white line most of the day.

I stopped in Eureka this morning to get breakfast. Good meal at Jacks ( not the hamburger chain). Eureka is about 10 miles from where I camped last night.

After leaving Eureka Hwy 93 was pretty good. Nice rolling hills and wide shoulders.
That changed pretty quickly into steeper hills with no shoulder and ruff road just to the left of the white line.  It was a day to focus on just what was ahead and coming from behind.

Ok, enough of the whining!
I made it to Whitefish around 4:30 p.m.
I'm camped on Whitefish Lake tonight.
It's another beautiful lake.

Nice hot shower and some new friends to camp with. The campground is full but some other bikers let me pitch my tent with them. Four tents on one site. I'm sure there's a fire code violation there somewhere.

My new friends are from Scandinavia, Canada and Washington. The couple from Scandinavia is touring through Canada and the US on a very nice Tandem bike.

Heading into Glacier tomorrow and wanting to camp at Avalanche campground. It's the closest camping to Logan Pass.

Pictures are of Eureka
And of my camping friends.

1 comment:

  1. Durell..I worked that part of the country for a while when I was with Delta - it's still one of my favorites. It looks you're seeing the best. So glad it's going well. Tom

    ReplyDelete