Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Day 3 and 4... Newhalem to remote camp just west of Rainy Pass yesterday and remote camp to Winthrop today.

Well, what can I say yesterday was a long day. As they say, " train for the ride for the ride trains you" . Yesterday was my training day.  The climb from Newhalem was about 30 miles to Washington Pass. It was in the 90's most of the day. I met Larry and Rex from Bellingham Washington on the way up. They had ridden from Virginia. About 2 miles from the top of rainy pass I had had enough. I found a place that I could pitch my tent and be out of sight of the road. Just me and big feets.

Today I had about 7 miles of climbing and 35 miles up almost all downhill. What a difference a day makes. I met Pierre and Sharon from Canada. They were just coming up Washington pass.

I'm camping in Winthrop tonight at a nice RV campsite. Ann and her husband run the park.

No big feets tonight to worry about, just little feets running around the campsites.

First picture is Larry and Rex from Bellingham the second couple is Sharon and Pierre from Canada.

My campsite last night is also the pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment