Friday, July 25, 2014

Day 13

It was a short ride for me today. I started the morning in full rain gear. It was pretty cool starting out this morning and stayed that way most the day. The wind was really strong today. Fortunately it was at my back most of the time. I noticed at one time I was going 21 mph and had no wind noise in my ears at all. Glad it was a tail wind.

Montana is beautiful to ride a bike through.  Not many pictures today because of the rain.

I'm in Libby Montana tonight. Sleeping at the Caboose Hotel. It's awesome!  I arrived in Libby around 2:30. It was still raining, so I opted to splurge and get a room.  I rolled my bike in, laid down on the bed and woke up 3 hours later.

After a long, long shower and soak in the tub, I went to get groceries for tomorrow.
A man asked me if I had ridden in the storm yesterday? He said the winds were clocked at 75 miles an hour. No wonder I felt like Lieutenant Dan.

Tomorrow will be a long ride. The map I'm using says there are no services for 70 miles. I stocked up on supplies just in case I am stealth camping tomorrow night.  It may be a couple of days before I post again.

Well I'm going to work on a leaking back tire then hit the sack.

The only picture I took today was of what are room looks like when a tired biker hits it with gear that needs drying.

Thank you for the comments and support you has been giving me. It means alot.
Durell

2 comments:

  1. Man what an adventure!!!!! Been tracking you on a map,what a beautiful part of the country!!! You are doing awesome,be safe!!! thanks for the pics. Scott and Hope

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't tell from my map of MT if you're going to Glacier on the upper N'thern route or choosing the lower one through Kalispell. In 1997 Cindy & I stayed in Stryker, MT (on the upper N route) in a wilderness B&B. We went to Glacier Na'tl Park and saw it's breathtaking scenery. I have been keeping up w/Stephan Speer's blog and noted that he went to the Whitefish Bike Retreat owned by Cricket Butler. He blogged that it is MT's first & only bike retreat. They also have a large bike shop there for repairs. (go to his July 17th blog, he has 3 pictures of this beautiful place). Just FYI in case you need it. So happy you survived that storm and God didn't make a Frisbee out of you & the tent!!! Stephan also has blogged some great places to eat huckleberry turnovers...check it out! Be safe, Mama Jan

    ReplyDelete