Thursday, July 17, 2014

Day 5 - Rest day in Winthrop

I decided to take an early rest day today instead of going further down the road.

I needed to give the buttocks a rest Sir.

It was 105 degrees here today and supposedly only getting into the 90's tomorrow.

I spent the day in the shade letting the sprinklers in the camp ground hit me and going over my bike to just to check it out.

Ed and Debbie, who are my neighbors asked me to join them for dinner when they returned for the day. They took me to get a great pizza outside of town.

There are several wild fires in the area now. The route I'm taking tomorrow is open and I've been told that the area is clear. The sky is red tonight and it sounds like they are using aircraft to fight the fire. It is safe here.

Early start tomorrow. ...0500. I'm wanting to be over Loop Loop Pass before it gets too hot.

Pictures for today:

Town and distant fire

No comments:

Post a Comment