Sunday, July 13, 2014

Day 2 Sedro - Woolley to Newhalem

Today brought together all the pieces and parts that make a trip like this so wonderful.

Shortly after leaving Sedro- Woolley I meet another cyclist who was heading West. We said hello and laughed about how our gear was almost identical. He left from Twin Cities and was heading down the west coast. After talking for a few more minutes, I introduced myself. He laughed and said hi Durell my name is Dewayne.
Maybe twins separate at birth? I don't know.

I stopped next in Concrete. A nice little town about 30 miles from Sedro Woolley.
I ate at 5 B's bakery. There I met M Beal
(One of the 5 B's I assumed). M was a pleasure to talk with and their bakery was really nice. If your in Concrete stop in.

All day was like this, stopping to talk to many people along the way and taking in the beautiful scenery.

I didn't quite make it as far as I had planned. But it works out for the best. The campsite I'm in tonight this gorgeous.


The pictures below are ...In order:

Dewayne

Arriving in North Cascades NP

Camp site for the night

Skagit River below my tent


1 comment:

  1. Hi there. I just started reading your blog in preparation for my Seattle - DC trip next summer to raise money for a local non-profit (http://www.razoo.com/story/Rise-Across-America). This might be the first of a few questions. What campground did you stay at here?

    ReplyDelete