Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Outer Banks of North Carolina November 27th 2020

Well, it looks like Fancy and I will be embarking on another adventure! This will be a loop route from New Bern North Carolina along the Outer Banks and back to New Bern. A distance of about 500 miles more or less. It should be quite a bit different than my last adventure on the Blue Ridge Parkway with my buddy Charlie. I'll be solo on this one.  Also, The Parkway had a total elevation gain of 46, 000 plus feet. The Outer Banks Loop will have an elevation gain of about 13 ft!!  Actually I really have no idea of how much elevation change there will be, but it won't be much. I'm confident that whatever this trip lacks in elevation it makes up in seafood! I'm not packing any Spam or Ramen noodles! Well maybe a couple of packs of ramen noodles just to be safe. There's no
 real set plans of where to stop for the day or be at any particular time. I've got everything I need with me and hope to find some great places to camp each night.  It does look like going north from New Bern and then toward the coast and down will give me the best chance for good weather on the two and a half hour ferry ride from Ocracoke Island to Cedar Island. I would just kind of like for this to be a nice sunny day, if possible.

Here's a screenshot of my planned route. The starting point (New Bern) is at the bottom left of the map. I'll start riding the day after Thanksgiving and try to update the blog every evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment