Saturday, November 28, 2020

Day 2 Ferry dock near Bath North Carolina to Winton North Carolina 85 miles

It was an early start this morning from the ferry dock. They start warming the engines up on the ferry at 4:30 to be ready for the 5:45 trip. 
I forgot to mention that I did get my first seafood meal last night. Wonderfully seasoned Starkist tuna mixed with Ramon Noodle soup!
The Coyotes were really making some racket last night. Maybe because of the full moon. It's amazing how two or three of them can sound like 50.
I started riding at 6:00 this morning. 
It was good to get out before sunup and traffic. The new head lights I have can really light up the road. Bath was a neat town to ride through this morning just as the sun was coming up. Pretty boots docked right next to main Street. The rest of the ride today was through fairly nondescript small towns and large cotton and tree farms. By leaving so early I was hoping to get in a hundred or more miles today. But  roads and headwinds and rain  caused me to lose daylight and desire before the hundred mile mark. I know, stop the whining! 85 miles today.
Staying in Winton tonight behind the Baptist Church. I went to the pastor's home and asked if he would be okay with me camping here  Super nice guy! Fixed me up with electrical cords and ask me if I wanted a heater and something to eat. I turned down the heater which was probably not the best idea. 37° tonight for the low. Looks like I'll be sleeping with coats and hats tonight. Maybe when I get back I'll look for a sleeping bag rated higher than 45 plus degrees!
Pics from today:
Daybreak along side a cotton field
quiet back road
10:30 breakfast. First town that was open. I got a sandwich from Wendy's but had to eat it under the gas station awning to stay dry. Some days you just do what you got to do!
Home for the night. Winton Baptist Church. Nice?


6 comments:

  1. The glamping streak continues! Gotta love the seafood :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am staying warm. Last night got into the upper 30's so I had to be creative with sleeping attire. In other words, I slept with everything I brought! Love ya Pop?

    I'm confident that my dining choices will improve in the next couple of days. My glamping streak may have come to an end. But I am very pleased to have a shelter over my head tonight. Supposed to be heavy rain and thunderstorms. Staying behind the Masonic Lodge in South Mills North Carolina. Low phone battery so I'll try to catch up on the blog tomorrow.
    Thanks for keeping up with me Liene!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that the Hilton or Carlton. Glad you are in the dry. POP UFC

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking of you brother-in-law and I've enjoy reading your blog. Your living the dream!!! Stay warm and we love you.

    ReplyDelete