Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Day 5 Nags Head to Waves 32 mi

Boy,  I am really racking up some miles!! I never have been too concerned about the miles I do anyway. The ride today was mostly wildlife preserve areas. There were quite a few bird watchers with the powerful scopes today. Also a lot of surfers! I went over the Oregon Inlet bridge and actually enjoyed it. There were wide shoulders and not much traffic to contend with. It was a nice view from the top of the arch. 
Most everything is starting to shut down here. I did find a campsite tonight and have anchored the tent down the best I could. The wind hasn't let up much and it's going to be cool tonight. I think 37 is to low. Tonight's meal was a little different than last night but still enjoyable. Ramon noodles and Spam paired with a nice decaffeinated tea from last night's hotel and a bite-size Butterfinger for dessert! 
Pics from today
Today is riding attire, partially because of the cold temps and partially to protect from the blowing sand. 
remote camping tonight. No need to hang a bear bag?

2 comments:

  1. Thought of you this cold morning as we walked to school - stay warm!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, it has been cold! I think a new sleeping bag may be on my list!

    ReplyDelete